Sunday, August 4, 2013

New project and site ventures

Recently I have been working on building up stock for the upcoming holiday season. It has really been a really slow year for sales in Etsy shops...I am hoping the fall/holidays will help everything pick up.

I never thought I would get this involved when I started trying to sell my handmade items online,but I have tried to do a lot of promoting, etc. I thought originally that I would just casually list a few items as I could and they would sell...I definitely was wrong lol. I have learned that there is a lot more to it than that. You also have to be patient...at times I would find myself checking the activity feed constantly to see a sale from my shop but after a while you get over it..you focus on promoting to get your shop out there to try to get more sales..it has worked a bit for me even though things have been slow.

My most recent projects have been making crochet baby headbands, scarves, steam punk inspired jewelry, and more. I have sold a few between my shop on Etsy.com and Tophatter so I thought I would make more to keep in my regular shop stock.

Tophatter hasn't been very profitable for me, handmade doesn't always seem to sell very well on there and the fees can really add up and cut into profit for me, so I am still looking into other venues.

Here are some of my new items up for sale in my shop :)










No comments:

Post a Comment